There is a position open for an Archivist for the project “Digital archives, history and justice in Milan”.
The person will have to be competent in documental archives and also expert in description, metadata, and valorization of documents.
The project consists in:
- Reorganising registers of judiciary acts
- Reorganising and doing the inventory of trial dossiers on Banco Ambrosiano
- Reorganising and doing the inventory of trial dossiers on Brigate Rosse
- Digitalisation of the documents
- Adding metadata and valorising the documents.
The project also includes being involved in professional courses for inmates focused on protecting the cultural archival heritage, digitising historical judiciary documents. These activities will take place mostly inside the prison in Monza.
Deadline to apply: 20 July 2021.
The job will be in Italian.
Picture: the ambush in via Fani by Brigate Rosse, from Wikimedia: https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigate_Rosse#/media/File:Agguato_di_via_Fani_-Roma,_16_marzo_1978-_Raffaele_Iozzino.jpg