HSBC is currently seeking a high calibre professional to join their team as a Heritage Manager. It is a full time job based in Hong Kong, part of the Communications and Marketing team.
- To provide strategic management and specialist expertise to plan and deliver heritage projects across ASP to reinforce the Bank’s strategy and drive engagement
- To lead and develop the Hong Kong Archives Centre engagement programme
- To manage the Gallery displays and lead on curation and updating of content
- To drive other high profile heritage output – both within ASP and Global (e.g. Heritage Displays, exhibitions, social media, apps, talks)
- To provide curatorial direction and editorial oversight for the development of exhibition and snapshot content on HSBC History website
- To support the enquiry and researcher service in Hong Kong
- To support curation and development of the Hong Kong art collection in line with HSBC’s collecting policy, values and brand
- To provide lead support on vendor relationships with local suppliers and supporting areas of the organisation
- To implement policies and procedures that address critical archival management issues
- To coordinate the ASP team to deliver tours and presentation at the Hong Kong Archive Centre, including training and development on soft skills and historical knowledge
- To develop strong relationships with other colleagues within team and the wider Communications function in order to facilitate execution of Archives activities
- To keep up-to-date with latest professional research and techniques in order to execute work to world-class standards.
The ideal candidate will hold a postgraduate qualifications in Archives Management or related discipline; have a proven track-record in managing and implementing complex, high profile heritage strategies; leadership, interpersonal, strategic planning, influencing, negotiation, project management skills; strong research, presentation and storytelling skills; knowledge of museum/heritage sector and art trends and best practice; basic knowledge of the financial service industry and global marketplace.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
More information and instructions to apply here: https://hsbc.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en_gb&job=0000FMMS