5-6 September 2021, Lausanne, Switzerland / online
The HIP’21 workshop is co-located with the ICDAR2021 Conference in Lausanne, Switzerland. HIP brings together researchers working with historical documents and intends to be complementary and synergistic to the work in analysis and recognition featured in the main sessions of ICDAR, the premier international forum for researchers and practitioners in the document analysis community.
Workshop topics include (but are not limited to):
- Imaging and Image Acquisition
- Digital Archiving Considerations
- Document Restoration/Improving readability
- Information Extraction (within the context of historical documents)
- Machine-learning algorithms for content extraction, including recurrent neural networks, auto-encoders, and unsupervised feature learning
- Family History Documents and Genealogies
- Automated Classification, Grouping and Hyperlinking of Historical Documents
- Digital Humanities applications of document analysis and recognition
For work focusing on handwriting/paleography, we recommend you have a look at IWCP2021.
Submissions must not exceed 6 pages in length. It is not required to anonymize the submission, but authors are welcome to do so if they prefer it.
Submissions should be written in English and must be formatted according to the current ACM SIG Conference Proceedings Template. Papers should be submitted as PDF documents via the Easychair conference management system. At least one author of each accepted paper must register to the workshop and present the paper. Accepted papers will be published in the ACM Digital Library.
- Submission Deadline: May 17, 2021
- Acceptance Notification: June 28, 2021
- Camera Ready: July 12, 2021
- Workshop: September 5-6, 2021
Please visit HIP past editions’ program for more information and submission instructions: