The Records Management Journal invites submissions for a themed issue focused on the pathways and challenges of climate change called ‘Records management in the Anthropocene: pathways and challenges presented by climate change’. They welcome contributions about, but not limited to, the following themes:
- climate change and its (potential) impact on records management policy, principles and main dimensions
- records management actors, components and advanced tools in relation to climate change
- risk management approaches, standards, methods and tools to address records management’s contribution to and mitigation of climate change
- records and information assets value and valorization (records economics/infonomics)
- records management’s increasing reliance on fragile infrastructures
- legal liability, rights, ownership and ethics in the Anthropocene
- professional responsibilities, roles and skills in the Anthropocene
- rapid technological change/challenges in the Anthropocene, including dealing with consequences of related events or practices such as pandemics and fossil-fuel use
- challenging aspects of climate and climate change outcomes on long-term (rather than permanent) preservation, including on emulation and migration models
- climate change resilience maturity models and records: relevant initiatives and case studies.
They are interested in different disciplinary perspectives from researchers, academics and practitioners. Submissions can be viewpoints, critical reviews, research, case studies or conceptual/philosophical papers.
RMJ Editor: Sarah R. Demb, Harvard University Archives
With Guest Co-editor: Eira Tansey, University of Cincinnati Libraries
- Extended abstracts (more info below): 18 June 2020
- Abstracts accepted and authors notified no later than: 30 July 2020
- Full paper submitted: 24 September 2020
- Review, revision and final acceptance: 31 January 2020
The Records Management Journal applies article-level publication so within approximately a month of acceptance the article will be available online.
For more information: