The theme of the International Archives Week 2020 (#IAW2020) campaign is «Empowering Knowledge Societies».
The International Council of Archives (ICA) write on their website:
“The archival, records and data landscape in the 21st century is changing public expectations, how we do our work, what constitutes credible evidence and how we protect our holdings. Our profession (data and information managers, document managers and archivists) can provides opportunities to ensure we deliver benefits to citizens and Knowledge Societies. What means to us Empowering Knowledge Societies?
How do we better explain and advocate for the essential role played by archivists and information professionals in the Knowledge Societies of the 21st century? From paper to digital, how are you Empowering Knowledge Societies with your work? Let’s challenge what people think we do! Help us tell the world what archives in the Knowledge Societies are about!
From Monday 8 to Sunday 14 June 2020, in light of the health crisis that the world is going through, the International Archives Week will adapt and respect lockdown measures!”
The programme will run with a theme per day:
- Monday 8th June – Opening Statement with Ina
- Tuesday 9th June – Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and #AnArchiveIs
- Wednesday 10th June – Digital Preservation (co-hosted with Digital Preservation Coalition)
- Thursday 11th June – Evidence and Truth
- Friday 12th June – Climate Change and Heritage (co-hosted with ICOMOS and IFLA)
- Saturday 13th June – Open Standards and Open Tools (co-hosted by the Associació d’Arxivers-Gestors de Documents de Catalunya)
- Sunday 14th June – The Future of the profession (co-hosted by ICA New Professionals)
Read more on the website: