The Open Preservation Foundation is pleased to announce that veraPDF 1.16 has been released following community testing.
veraPDF is an open source, industry supported PDF/A validator, covering all parts of the PDF/A standards. It is a widely-used digital preservation tool. The latest version is available to download here.
This release includes new features and fixes including:
- Added support for Function objects in PDF
- Added detection and validation of the XMP encoding
- Extended veraPDF model to include structure tree
- More robust PDF parsing in case of critical low-level syntax errors
- Optimized memory usage for more efficient batch processing with a large number of validation errors
- GUI application improvements
Future development: OPF is now working towards PDF/UA validation, with added support for tagging structure of PDF.